MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – APRIL 16: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, visits Batyr, a mental health engagement programme, at Swinburne University of Technology in Hawthorn on day three of the royal trip with Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex on April 16, 2026 in Melbourne, Australia. The Scar Tree Walk is a journey connecting traditional and contemporary Aboriginal cultures and histories of the Kulin Nation. The royal couple are on a four-day visit to Australia, with engagements across Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney. (Photo by Jonathan Brady-Pool/Getty Images)
Getty Images
Meghan Markle’s aspirations to return to acting in director Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen have apparently been dashed.
Markle, whose acting credits include the series Suits, was in the “very early stages” of talks to join the third season of the crime comedy, although Netflix has yet to renew the show, Deadline reported on Friday.
On Saturday, Tina Brown — the former editor-in-chief of The New Yorker and Vanity Fair — said the idea of casting the Duchess of Sussex in the series was not moving forward.
“I learned this morning that the casting of Meghan Markle in season 3 of Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen has been withdrawn,” Brown wrote in her Fresh Hell column on Substack. “The backlash in the UK was so intense, it became untenable to go forward. This does not bode well for Meghan’s acting comeback in the UK. More to come.”
Brown’s column follows reports from earlier this week, when Prince Harry and Markle announced that they would be leaving Hollywood and moving their family back to the U.K.
NEW YORK, NY – JUNE 12: (L-R) Rick Hoffman, Patrick J. Adams, Meghan Markle, Sarah Rafferty, Gina Torres and Gabriel Macht of Suits attend USA Network and Mr Porter.com Present “A Suits Story” on June 12, 2012 in New York, United States. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for NBCUniversal/USA Network)
getty
Reports Of Meghan Markle’s Return To Acting Broke On Friday.
Word of Meghan Markle’s return to acting surfaced in a report from News.com.au, where sources told the publication that the duchess was “offered a role in an upcoming project based in the UK.”
The same day, Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva wrote, “I hear that the former Suits star is in talks to join Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen for Season 3.”
Markle is certainly no stranger to acting, having appeared in about 30 screen projects since 2002. Her last lead acting role was in Suits, a legal drama, in which she starred as Rachel Zane opposite Gabriel Macht’s Harvey Spencer and Patrick J. Adams’ Mike Ross. Markle appeared in 108 episodes of the series over seven seasons, from 2011 to 2018.
Markle married Prince Harry on May 19, 2018. Prior to Suits, Markle, 45, appeared in such films as Dysfunctional Friends (2010), Horrible Bosses (2011), Random Encounters (2013) and Anti-Social (2015). Markle’s first credited role came in a guest role in 2002 in an episode of the daytime drama General Hospital.
Prior to Suits, Markle appeared in several guest turns in such TV series as The War at Home, CSI: NY, 90210, Knight Rider, Without a Trace, Fringe, The League, CSI: Miami and Castle.
Note: This is a developing story. Please refresh this page for updates.





Be the first to comment